Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Rag Doll


   What is the appropriate relationship between a model and a photographer? I recently got into a quarrel with one of my models. She felt that I needed to let the model choose her clothes and pick the photos. She felt I should bond with them before hand. I, on the other hand, think that models should look at themselves as actors and actresses. Simply play the part the photographer hands them. She did not like my response and felt I dismissed her feedback. which i did,because i didn't find it of any use. however, I walked away feeling disappointed. I couldn't help but ask myself "Am I being a Gollum?" I started to doubt my work. I looked at all of her photos a hundred times wondering where I went wrong, because none of them were really any good. I blamed myself. 
   A week later I did what I always do. I picked myself up and tried again. I used someone who had never modeled before. At first she was very awkward, but then I realized she was mold able like like. The photos came out great and I was astonished. I learned a valuable lesson. If you want a certain result from a photo you have to have a model who listens. A model that wants to accomplish your goal without hidden agendas. 
  Special thanks to Melissa Casillas for being such a great listener and helping me make some beautiful art. I'm putting your black and whites on pieces of wood and putting them up for sale! 



   





















No comments:

Post a Comment