Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Coffee Break "Black And White Series"

   Night shots have always been my biggest down fall. I can't quiet figure out the settings unless its for light painting or if I use a tri-pod. I recently did a Photo shoot at Mia cafe during night fall. I walked away disappointed thinking I didn't get a single shot. At one point I even busted out a compact mirror and attempted to bounce the flash in order to soften it. I went home, tossed the photos aside, and thought nothing of them for a week. The model then begun to start to hassle me about the photos. So, I thought I would just slap some effects over them and see what I could produce. I am a "raw photo" die hard fan. Anyone can take a photo with their phone, throw some effects over the top of them, and call it art. However, maybe I am in the wrong. Maybe not every photo should be in its raw form. Raw photos don't sell clothes. Raw photos don't always tell the story you want them to. I put the shots in photoshop and I'm thankful I did. What do you think of the story I told with this shoot? I call it "Coffee Break".









Special thanks to model Amber Hall-Holmes and Mia Cafe in Tower District. 

No comments:

Post a Comment